World's most powerful open-source development / debugging platform. Rapidly prototype hardware solutions based on the ARM M4 Cortex 32-bit architecture. Combine with the HydraNFC or HydraFlash shields.
The HydraBus is an immensely capable, open source multi-tool for anyone interested in learning/developping/debugging/hacking/Pen Testing for basic or advanced embedded hardware.
Use it as the very capable foundation for your custom hardware tool, or pair it with the NFC Shield for an incredibly flexible and powerful NFC testing toolkit.
Functionality in a glance
Below is a non-exhaustive list of what the HydraBus brings to the table.
Fully Open Source
100% Open Source Hardware and Firmware
Active Development Community
Participate in an active, thriving community. Need help? It's here.
Portable and Capable
Develop on a platform that outperforms your needs, in a 60mm x 37mm form-factor!
- MCU ARM 32-bit Cortex M4 + FPU @168MHz & 1MB Embedded Flash
- Two MicroUSB port (1 OTG and 1 Device/Host)
- MicroSD slot with 4bit SD and SDIO mode support in hardware (up to 48MHz about 24MB/s)
- All 44 I/O broken out
- JTAG scanner/debugger mode like JTAGulator
- Logic Analyzer mode up to 2MHz 16chan with SUMP support
- CAN1 or 2 (up to 2 Mbit/s)
- SPI1 or 2 (master & slave up to 42MHz)
- I2C (master up to 1MHz)
- UART1 & 2 (up to 10.5Mbps)
- ADC (up to 3.3V, can read internal Temperature, VrefInt, VBAT)
- PWM (1Hz to 42MHz, Duty Cycle 0 to 100%)
- GPIO up to 44 I/O configurable (PA0-15, PB0-11, PC0-15)
- RNG (Random number generator using STM32 hardware RNG)
- Binary Mode compatible with BusPirate BBIO
- Virtual Serial Port access through microUSB with VT100 terminal/shell (compatible with any hardware supporting USB Virtual Serial port)
- 2 micro USB port can be used (managed by multi-task OS), useful to test multiple protocols, gpio/adc/dac… in 2 terminal
- Support of microSD (FAT16/FAT32) card up to 32GB
- Multiple protocols supported (from any VT100 console through USB): ADC, DAC1 or 2, PWM, GPIO, SPI1, SPI2, I2C, 2-Wire, 3-Wire, UART1, UART2, CAN1, CAN2
- JTAG, OpenOCD
- BusPirate (BBIO/Bitbang)
- Micro Python (Official Version)
- Black Magic (Official Version)
- 1x Hydra Bus (60mm x 37mm)
- 1x Lasercut Transparent Plexiglas Case
- 1x Case assembly screws
- HydraNFC Kit
- HydraFlash (NAND Flash Programming shield)
Shipping & Packaging
- Each HydraBus is dispatched from Europe - no need to worry about slow shipping times, import duties or damaged goods.
- Packed in a sturdy compact box.
- We provide world-wide shipping with express options.
If you are an educational-facility, reseller or need several units, please contact us.
- HydraBus Automated Linux build script (Thanks Martin)
Product Presentation: HydraBus
HydraBus Assembly Video
HydraBus / HydraNFC Unboxing Video
SHIPPING & PACKAGING
Do you provide free shipping?
For European Customers, orders over 100€ have free shipping.
For International Customers, orders over 250€ have free shipping.
Customers that qualify for free shipping can still select rapid shipping options.
When will I receive my order?
Average order times can be estimated below.
Average shipping estimates can be seen by selecting the destination country / region below.
- Express: days
- Standard: days
While actual shipping times may vary - these estimations are built off our real delivery statistics. To receive an order as quickly as possible, we recommend:
- Use the express delivery shipping method
- Use same day shipment by placing the order before 12PM GMT+1
Do you ship internationally?
We ship world-wide, but due to logistical or legal restrictions, we are unable to ship to the following countries: Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia, Cambodia, Chile, Ecuador, Iraq, India, Kuwait, Liberia, Libya, Nepal, Oman, Panama, Peru, Russia, South Africa, Turkey.
Due to the current situation, shipping to the Ukraine is currently not possible.
Where do you ship from?
All items are dispatched from France. You will receive a tracking number upon item dispatch. The address used on your purchase is printed as a label - please double check your address to avoid mistakes.
When will my order be dispatched?
Lab401 dispatches orders Monday - Friday.
All orders placed before 12PM GMT+1 will be dispatched the same day. All orders placed after this cutoff time will be dispatched the next business day.
- An order placed Friday, 9AM GMT+1 will be dispatched the same day.
- An order placed on Friday, 6PM GMT+1 will be dispatched Monday.
- An order placed on Saturday will be dispatched Monday
For any questions, please contact customer support.
What shipping options are available?
We provide four types of shipping:
- EU Standard Post
- EU Express Post
- International Standard Post
- International Express Post
How are import duties / customs handled?
For all European Union destinations, all shipments are DDP - Delivered Duty Paid. This means all applicable VAT/TVA, shipping costs and customs fees are pre-paid.
You will not be charged by the courier service / post office or customs.
For all destinations outside European Union, all shipments are DDU - Delivered Duty Unpaid. This means that your country's custom service impose a VAT/TVA/Import Duty on your shipment.
I am charged VAT ?
Lab401 (ETOILE 401 SAS) is an EU-Registered entity. VAT is applicable to purchases delivered within the EU, with exceptions for VAT Registered entities. VAT is calculated at checkout. For your convenience, you can browse Lab401 with prices Including VAT and Excluding VAT.
Sales are contractual
Please note - a purchase is an explicit agreement of our terms and conditions. Any products refused by clients will not be refunded.
Purchase Security Validation may be applied
To protect against credit card fraud, orders may be flagged for Purchase Security Validation. In this instance, we will reach out to the customer to perform a manual verification process.
Orders that are flagged for Purchase Security Validation are considered to be incomplete until validated. Our delivery deadline obligations begin only when an order is validated.
Is my delivery protected?All Lab401 shipments are insured with the carrier.
We also provide an advanced insurance, Lab401 Delivery Protection.
Lab401 Delivery Protection means we remain fully responsible for the package right up to delivery. If the package is lost or damaged, the package can be resent immediately (48 business hours) upon receipt of proof.
For orders without Delivery Protection, lost or damaged packages will pass through the carrier's protocols, which can take up to 30 days.
For orders that are time-sensitive, we recommend Lab401 Delivery Protection.
Delivery Protection can be purchased at checkout easily and cheaply.