Beware of fake Proxmark 3 RDV2 Boards!
The Proxmark 3 RDV2 has been duplicated by a Chinese factory.
Although the fake products use the same brands, there are several key differences.
- Logo font is different
- Component color is red, not black
- Font and style of LED indicators are different
- USB logo is different
Technically, these devices are non-functional. According to our tests:
- Poor antenna performance. The fake device has a max of 3cm reading distance, vs 6cm for the genuine product.
- Grey-market / fake components. To price down, grey-market / recycled components are used, which results in crashing hardware and unstable operation.
- Non-certified testing process: No QC process: boards ordered randomly do not work.
These boards are being sold on TaoBao, AliExpress, Ebay, Amazon, etc via the Chinese vendor / vendors.
Buy this products at your own risk.
Lab401 supports the work of original hardware developers, and is a licenced reseller of the Proxmark 3 RDV2 Device.
Support the developers that build the devices for you.